What We Do
Detroit-based Matrix Human Services is a 115-year-old social services organization committed to helping children, teens, adults, and seniors reach self-sufficiency through a matrix of programs that provide a hand-up to those in need. Matrix is helping to rebuild Detroit’s neighborhoods through the efforts of over 550 employees at more than 50 program locations throughout the city. As one of the largest non-profits in Southeast Michigan, Matrix currently provides assistance to more than 20,000 people annually by offering essential needs, education, and supportive services that defuse crises, treat individuals and family problems, prevent abuse and neglect. Our multi-generational approach makes sure that we are able to help more than just individuals, but rather entire families, eradicating poverty of the mind, body, and spirit.
* Matrix operates the largest Head Start Program in the city of Detroit, providing free early childhood education to over 1400 families annually.
* Matrix operates one of the largest HIV/AIDS Prevention and Treatment programs in metro Detroit, providing full service medical treatment and care to people living with HIV.
* Matrix youth program ensures youth ages 10 through 17 have a safe space to go after school where they can also participate in extracurricular activities that help them thrive in school and life.
* Matrix adult program provides financial coaching services as well as housing counseling and resources to those seeking to achieve a more stable life situation.
* Matrix senior program provides services to seniors including transportation, in-home care including medical as well as housing, activities and mental health services, and our healthy senior living program provides healthy food delivered to seniors doorstep.
* Our Community Center called The Matrix Center operates our adult and senior programs in one of Detroit's most underserved zipcode's on Detroit's East Side.