What We Do
St Patrick Senior Center is the largest health, wellness and activities center for Detroiters over 55 years old. We’ve been a mainstay of Midtown since our founding in 1973.
We have always been known as a placed filled with fun, food and friendship – and even during these pandemic times we continue to provide so many services to the people who depend on us. Here is just some of what St. Pat has long offered:
• Nutritious meals served in our cafeteria, often to 200 or more gathered together in fellowship
• An onsite clinic, plus classes, workshops and discussions aimed at helping members maintain good health.
• Transportation to and from medical appointments, dialysis, etc.
• Assistance with benefits navigation – a major issue for many older adults
• Coordination of in-home services like respite care, repairs and light housekeeping
• Dozens of dance and exercise programs – including Hustle, Chicago Step, and even a Belly Dance group!
• Fun-filled activities ranging from craft making to our own gospel choir
While we anxiously await a time when it's safe to reopen our doors to everyone, most of our services continue, with some modifications. We’re still providing lunch – served outside, carryout style, Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Transportation, benefits services, and in-home assistance continue. Many of our dance classes – now conducted online – will move outside in early May. And our Health & Wellness staffers are conducting online classes and discussions to help our members stay healthy.
We have also established new programs for home bound Detroiters - including grocery shopping, plus distribution of vegetables, canned goods, hygiene and isolation kits, and other staples. We've even helped 101 seniors get new laptops, donated by the United Way of Southeast Michigan.
At St. Patrick Senior Center we are proud to provide a “home away from home” for hundreds of people over 55, all year round - a community where everyone is welcome!
Detroiters ages 55+- Become a Member! Call us at 313-833-7080 today
How do you become a member of St. Patrick Senior Center?
Anyone age 55 and over can join the Center regardless of where they live, income, religious affiliation, etc., upon paying the appropriate membership fee.
What are the benefits of membership?
Your $10 Membership allows access to all of the Center’s activities and input and recommendations on the Center’s programs and activities.
Give Shop® Wish List
Volunteer for the 44th annual St. Pat's Irish Festival (virtual)
Repeats every day until Thu Jul 01 2021.Wednesday, April 21st, 2021
|Read more »|
Volunteer at St. Patrick Senior Center
Repeats every day until Sun Mar 06 2022.Wednesday, April 21st, 2021
|Read more »|
Student Group Volunteering - Starting this Summer!
Repeats every day until Sun Mar 06 2022.Thursday, July 1st, 2021
|Read more »|