What We Do
St Patrick Senior Center is the largest health, wellness and activities center for Detroiters over 55 years old. We have been a mainstay of Midtown since our founding in 1973.
Our center has long been known as a placed filled with fun, food and friendship – and even through the pandemic we have continued to provide so many services to the people who depend on us. Here is just some of what St. Pat has long offered:
• Nutritious meals served in our cafeteria, often to 200 or more gathered together in fellowship. Offered carryout style only for the last couple years, as of July 25 meals are now available Monday through Friday, and can be enjoyed in the dining room or in the park outside - or taken home
• An onsite clinic, plus classes, workshops and discussions aimed at helping members maintain good health. Many are now offered online.
• Transportation to and from medical appointments, dialysis, etc.
• Assistance with benefits navigation – a major issue for many older adults
• Coordination of in-home services like respite care, repairs and light housekeeping
• Dozens of dance and exercise programs – including Hustle, Chicago Step, and even a Belly Dance group!
• Fun-filled activities ranging from craft making to our own gospel choir
Over the past couple years, we have also established new programs for home bound Detroiters - including grocery shopping, plus distribution of vegetables, canned goods, hygiene and isolation kits, and other staples. We've even helped 101 seniors get new laptops, donated by the United Way of Southeast Michigan - part of an overall effort to help our members enhance their digital and online skills.
At St. Patrick Senior Center we are proud to provide a “home away from home” for hundreds of people over 55, all year round - a community where everyone is welcome!
Detroiters ages 55+- Become a Member! Call us at 313-833-7080 today
How do you become a member of St. Patrick Senior Center?
Anyone age 55 and over can join the Center regardless of where they live, income, religious affiliation, etc., upon paying the appropriate membership fee.
What are the benefits of membership?
Your $10 Membership allows access to all of the Center’s activities and input and recommendations on the Center’s programs and activities.
Give Shop® Wish List
Lunch Time Coordinators - MWF
Repeats every day on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday until Fri Jan 06 2023.Friday, August 19th, 2022
|Read more »|
Digital Skills Trainers
Repeats every week on Tuesday and Thursday 40 times.Tuesday, August 23rd, 2022
|Read more »|
Event Helpers for "Strides for Seniors"
Friday, September 2nd, 2022
|Read more »|