What We Do
Care House provides a voice for child victims of sexual and physical abuse and a safe place for them to be heard. Our goals are to reduce the trauma of multiple interviews and to provide a multidisciplinary hub where investigative, intervention and clinical support services are available. Care House is the only agency in Macomb County offering this comprehensive, multidisciplinary response for child victims of abuse and children who have witnessed a violent act, as well as their nonoffending family members.
Our services include:
• Child forensic interviews
• Crisis counseling
• Child safety assessments
• Parent and child support groups
• Trauma-focused therapy sessions
• Family advocacy
• Access to forensic medical examinations
• Family pantries at both locations with snacks, cleaning supplies and PPEs, baby items,
school supplies and children’s games and books
• Holiday assistance for families in need
• Referrals to other needed community services
• As the designated council in Macomb County for the Michigan Children’s Trust Fund,
Care House also offers child abuse prevention information, education and training for
professionals and to the community at large.
Families are never charged for any of the services they receive at Care House, and we offer support for as long as a child or family needs us. We are proud to report that over 88 cents of every dollar that comes to Care House is specifically devoted to serving children and families in our community.